Permits / Forms

Highway work permits are required for any work that is to be done within or immediately adjacent to the County Road Right-of-Way. It will be the responsibility of the person(s) obtaining the permit to perform all work on the County Right-of-Way at their expense except new, private driveways which will be installed by County forces.

Some examples of activities requiring a highway work permit are:

  • Installing a private or residential sub-division driveway access along a County Road
  • Installation of any overhead or underground utility cables, pipes, or structures along or under a County Road
  • Installing any advertising sign, display, or device within the County Road Right-of-Way

Once the application is completed and returned with the applicable fee and a site plan to the Wayne County Highway Department, a representative will contact the permittee to discuss the proposed work.

Divisible Load / Special Hauling Permit

The registered owner of any vehicle traveling on roads owned or maintained by Wayne County which exceed certain length, width or weight limits must apply for a special hauling permit from the Wayne County Highway Department before the vehicle can travel over said roads. A permit will be issued once a completed application and appropriate fee has been received.

Speed Reduction Request Form

A TE-9a form must be filled out by a Municipality and forwarded to the County Highway Superintendent to request speed reduction on any roadway. This completed form is forwarded to the NYSDOT with a request to perform a speed study.