The Historian Search Surname database is not available online at this time.
If you would like copies of records available at the NY Wayne County Historian Office, you have 2 options:
Visiting the Historian's Office is always preferred. (Everything free except copying. 19 of 20 researchers discover additional information.) Open by appointment only. Please email us or call at 315-946-5470.
If visiting the Historian's Office here in Lyons New York is not possible at this time, you may submit a Research Request Form (PDF)
Note: Research Request Form (PDF) must be completed and mailed with a deposit check.
Mailing address is: Historian
7376 State Route 31
Lyons, NY 14489
- Wills: 1823-ca 1919
- Surrogate Files: 1823-ca 1900
- Indexed except 1920
- Federal 1790 Junius
- 1800 Junius, Ontari
- 1810 Junius, Ontario
- New York State 1845 Rose only
- 1855 (no Rose, Savannah, Sodus, Walworth, Williamson, Wolcott)
- Vital Statistics
- Birth, death, marriage certificates
- Before 1881: None Except lists in all towns for 1847,1848, 1849; Rose only 1850
- After 1881 Town Clerk contact list (PDF)
- Cemetery: Some indexing for all known Wayne County New York cemeteries
- Newspapers: Sources of Information (PDF)